17 octubre, 2004

Strange Angel

De Laurie Anderson a Walter Benjamin

(del disco Strange Angel)


Hansel and Gretel are alive and well

And they’re living in Berlin

She is a cocktail waitress

He had a part in a Fassbinder film

And they sit around at night now

drinking schnapps and gin

And she says: Hansel, you’re really bringing me down

And he says: Gretel, you can really be a bitch

He says: I’ve wasted my life on our stupid legend

When my one and only love

was the wicked witch.

She said: What is history?

And he said: History is an angel

being blown backwards into the future

He said: History is a pile of debris

And the angel wants to go back and fix things

To repair the things that have been broken

But there is a storm blowing from Paradise

And the storm keeps blowing the angel

Backwards into the future.

And this storm, this storm

is called

Progress



Comments:
me gusto tu sitio y esto de arriba
 
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
 
Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»
 
Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»
 
Especially I like the first site. But other links are informative too, if you are interested check all those links.http://neveo.info/1125.html and http://indexmachine.info/2671.html
 
Publicar un comentario



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Nihil humani a me alienum puto (Terencio)